Is there anything I can do to get my money as my attorney isn't trying hard enough? 8 Answers as of January 30, 2014

I live in South Australia. I was wondering about the law and if there’s a time limit for when they must pay me. I’ve already gone almost a whole year without a cent to live on and settled my case out of court. It’s now been 7 weeks since we finished the case and I still haven't received my money. Thanks for your time. PS. At first, my lawyer said they had 30 working days to pay me.

David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
30 days if settlement with insurance company
Since it has been only one week beyond the thirty working days, call your attorney and see what is the further delay. ?It is to his interest to collect the settlement ASAP so that he can get paid also. Insurance companies in general do not pay anything except for property damage until the entire case is resolved and waiting for one year is not unusual.
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
This forum is limited to Illinois law.
I don't know enough about your case to answer your question. Your best bet is to get in touch with your lawyer and discuss what the holdup is.
More info please. What kind of case is it? where is the case located? What country?what does your lawyer say about any delay?
    Give your attorney one last chance to come across, in writing, with a deadline (say 10 business days after receiving your notice) If you don't get a satisfactory response, then file a complaint with the grievance committee in the location where he practices.
    Insurance companies work on their own time frames, but usually, they want the case closed as quickly as possible. The best thing for you to do is to complain to your lawyer, and then follow up with a letter that confirms your numerous phone calls. If the lawyer does not have a very good reason to explain the delay, you can always file a grievance. That is definitely the last resort, though.
    Lombardi Law Firm
    Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
    Answer: You're not providing enough information for any lawyer to assess the situation as to why the case was settled and the money not disbursed. You'll need to speak directly with a lawyer so they may ask for additional information.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa