Is there anything I can do now, other than move to Honduras and wait out the 10 years, before I can apply for a waiver? 4 Answers as of June 24, 2013

My husband had been previously removed by an immigration lawyer, in 2000 before we meet. I suppose he came back across in January of 2001. I met him in 2011, we was married, then he got arrested for a tail-light being out in march 2012. He was deported in May 2012, then tried again in December 2012. Got caught in Jan.2013. If I am correct he has the lifetime bar or ban.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
No. There is no waiver for illegally re-entering after removal.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/24/2013
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
I am afraid but the law provides a very limited avenue for relief for aliens like your husband who have made the unfortunate mistake of returning to the US several times after they were physically deported following an order of deportation. The law provides that such aliens, regardless of their US family ties will not be allowed to come to the US until after they have remained outside the US for 20 years, starting from the date of the last deportation. Notwithstanding this, your husband's case may present one of those rare exceptions to this ban, but in order to make this determination.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/23/2013
The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler
The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler | Kevin Lawrence Dixler
Yes, if your husband entered the U. S. after being deported by "an Immigration Court," then he committed the Federal Crime of unlawful re-entry. As a result, his removal/deportation order can be reinstated without a hearing before the Immigration Court. He may be indicted and charged with unlawful re-entry at the discretion of the DHS. If not, and he is returned to Honduras, then he is subject to the life time bar on immigration. He can try to file for reconsideration in ten years, but the lifetime ban remains in effect unless the USCIS believes that you will suffer extreme hardship as a matter of discretion. If not, then the lifetime bar on immigration remains in place. You may try to file, again, at your discretion and expense.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/23/2013
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Under the current law your husband is permanently barred and has to reside outside the US for at least 10 years before he will be eligible for a waiver.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2013
Click to View More Answers: