Is there anything I can do about a show cause? 1 Answers as of June 02, 2011

Back in 09' I violated my probation for the first time by getting new charges, so my juvenile and domestic probation issued a show cause. I went to the court date and they reinstated my probation, 90 days and suspended it all and I was to comply with no contact with my ex, therapy and medicine. I’ve been on this probation for over a year, possibly longer, I had a probation meeting and my Probation officer directly told me that the case with no contact with my ex girlfriend is closed, I paid everything and that was that, so I thought it would be okay for me to communicate with her, well I ended up getting an assault and battery charge and she pressed charges. I went to court recently and I'm on probation for a year and I have no complied with everything and I return back to court in a year and the charge will be dismissed. I went to see my probation officer today and she told me my previous case with no contact w/ex is still opened, that I’ll probably be issued a show cause because I had "contact" with her. What do you think will happen? Is this considered my first violation? Can they give me back my 90 day suspend time? When they reinstate your probation, its basically like nothing happened. You're starting over right? Do I have anything to worry bout? I've been out 2 1/2 weeks from being in jail due to the assault and went to court on that may 17th and on probation for a yr and have to comply with everything and the charge will be dismissed in a year. I haven’t been served with a show-cause yet, who violates me? She said she has to send my paper work for this new probation charge to the courts and then I’ll probably be issued a show cause, but the judge can do three things, take no action, issue a show-cause or issue a capris. And she said I’d probably get a show-cause to show up to court. Any advice, or what do you think could/will happen?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Yes, get a lawyer to represent you on the show cause charge which likely will be coming.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: