Is there any way to get class 5 felony for the breaking and entering dropped or expunged? 1 Answers as of October 06, 2016

In 2006, my wife at the time wanted a divorce and filed a restraining order on me. After 72 hours, I went into our home for work. My wife contacted the police again and charged me with breaking a restraining order and breaking and entering for entering my own home. This has become an issue for getting hired for some jobs. Going to my own house after the time of the restraining order was up. Is there anything that I can do to get these charges cleared?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
There is a process for sealing records in some cases. Most of the time it requires that a case be completely dismissed like after successful completion of a deferred sentence. Thee are some drug cases and minor cases that also can be sealed but it does not sound like your case fits in any of those categories. So the real question is how your case turned out. If you plead guilty to a felony that was a permanent conviction, then the only potential for relief is a Governor's pardon, which is difficult to get.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 10/6/2016
Click to View More Answers: