Is there any way I cannot do time since I need to keep working in order to finish paying my DUI ticket? 1 Answers as of October 20, 2017

I got a dub at the beginning of 2016 and the court gave me court probation and 18 days community service. About 6 months ago, I got pulled over and received a $2200 ticket for driving with a suspended license and having no insurance. I paid that off. Then about 2 months ago, I got into a car accident and a cop showed up on the scene. I had to let him know my whole situation. He said I would only be getting another ticket in the mail but now 2 months later, I find out I have an arrest warrant for driving with a suspended license. I need to work to pay my bills and rent. If I do time, I'm scared my family will be burdened by my bills and me not being able to help out on the rent. I understand I shouldn't have been driving but I was dumb though I could get away with just going to work since I couldn't afford not to go. Since the accident, I've learned a lot and I hate that that had to happen for me to get it. I haven't driven and I've decided to focus on paying off my bills and save money to get my family a home. I've been trying to stay positive and just got a raise at work. I really thought things were getting better and that I could start focusing on my goals after all my bills are paid off but yesterday, I got my arrest warrant and I'm thinking of going to a bails bond company on Monday.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you. Then the lawyer can begin to address the PV and the new case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: