Is there any way I can get my US green card back after being deported? 2 Answers as of January 18, 2011

I was deported in 2000 to Nicaragua. Was Resident since year 1961, first time offender, family ties, still have my old job offer, living over 30 years. Does a federal sentence of 60 months in prison for import and possession of drug (minimum guideline by then in 1994) prevent me from entering the country again? I had a bad immigration attorney. I already have the 10 years period out from the states. Any hope for a pardon?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You will have to start over. A special permit must be obtained before you can have one petition filed for you. Talk to a lawyer!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/10/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You can apply for a visa if it immediately available. If you had a US citizen spouse, c US citizen child over the age of 21 years of age who could sponsor you.

However, you would have to file for a waiver for the crime committed and that is discretionary. However, if you were deported for a felony such as one involving controlled substance, you have to wait 15 years.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: