Is there any statute of limitations on orders of the court in a divorce decree? 3 Answers as of March 11, 2017

Divorce finalized in court Sept 2009. This was a 26 year marriage with just shy of $2,000,000.00 in assets. I received most of my child support and lump sum alimony. Bank accounts, stocks, land, 401K, etc. remain undivided, in his control and he turns 62 this year. How it is a court ordered decree can just be ignored? Or can it? He says his attorney has told him I will have to take him back to court to get the original court orders enforced and I'll be responsible for court fees. Is this true? Do I need to hire an attorney again and if so in which state? In the state where I live or to our previous state where we divorced over 7 years ago? Is there any kind of statute of limitations on the orders of the court set forth in our divorce decree? The divorce itself took 3 years to get to court as my ex fought it tooth and nail. I never imagined it would change so little besides the fact that we were no longer married. Please let me know what my best course of action is. He continues to hold the money and have the upper hand. Until the orders of the court are executed, I won't be totally free of him. Our children are both adults now so there is no reason, besides carrying out the orders of the court, which we need ever communicate again if we don't want to.

Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
You need to hire an attorney who practices where the original final judgment was entered. There are means of enforcing these Orders and getting the assets divided whether he cooperates or not.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
You need to have the Final Judgment reviewed by an attorney.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
It appears to me that you need to get an attorney where the divorce case was filed.