Is there any specific time frame from the day my fiancé and I met before we get married? 5 Answers as of July 16, 2013

I am a j1 visa holder and I’m marrying my boyfriend who is a United States citizen. We met last May 2013 and we're getting married this July 1st.

No, there is no time frame. As long as you are both free to marry (not currently married to someone else), you can get married at any time.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
There is no specific date for you to marry your US citizen boyfriend. However, I note that you are in J1 visa status. If you intend to obtain immigration benefit on the basis of that marriage by applying for adjustment of status in the US, you must ensure that your J-1 status does not require that you depart the US and or that you can obtain a waiver of the foreign residency requirement.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
I would recommend waiting about 6 months for the marriage. Otherwise, it could look suspicious.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
There is not specific waiting period. You can get married any time and apply for a green card right after.
There is no bright line rule on how long you must know one another. The important factor is whether the marriage is bonafide. A short period of courtship will likely lead to more scrutiny of the marriage.