Is there any recourse if I stay in a home I rent after it is foreclosed on? Posted on June 14, 2011

I took a lease option seven year ago on a Townhouse in New Smyrna Beach, Fl. Put $8000 down. Did not exercise the option as prices dropped in that year, but continued to lease from the property owner. Year to year. Found out about a year ago he had not been making mortgage payments. The place went to foreclosure. I had a lease agreement which runs through the end of this month. Have been contacted over the past four months by any number of Realtors trying to find out if I would like to buy or take the cash for keys. As the original mortgage has changed hands several times in the past year, it is almost impossible for me to try to contact the loan originator. Two months ago a Realtor contacted me and said she represented GMAC the mortgage holder now. Offered to put in a cash for keys offer, never did, then contacted me last week and acted surprised I was still here. Now I have tried again to contact GMAC but they put me to the eviction department that tells me there is no offer for cash for keys and my time is up. I waited on the Realtors word. Do I have any recourse in staying here any longer?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: