Is there any maximum time allowed to continue legally on previous status post October 1 or Change of Status Effective Date? 1 Answers as of September 15, 2014

I am currently on L1B with Employer A with an I94 Expiry date of November 2015. I have applied for H1B with Employer B and is been picked up in Lottery for the year October 2014. My H1B is not yet approved and I am expecting it to be approved by October 1st and date of work with Employer B will start October 1 2014. In this case, if my H1B is approved by say September 25th 2014, with start date of October 1 2014, do I get some time to continue with Employer A and serve the notice period and then join Employer B by say October 15th?

The answer depends upon whether your status has changed to H-1B. If your status was changed to H-1B effective October 1, 2014 you must work for Employer B.