Is there any legal way that somone who entered US illegally can stay? 4 Answers as of July 12, 2013

My neighbor entered the US illegally when he was 16. Now he is 18 and is being deported to the Dominican Republic. Is there anything he/I can do to allow him to stay legally?

There may be but I do not know his situation therefore I cannot speak to it. You want to find a good attorney and explain his situation to that attorney and they may be able to tailor specific reliefs for your neighbor. Good luck!
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Probably not, unless he has a fear of being returned or would be in danger if he is returned. If that is the case, he should contact an immigration lawyer and tell the judge he fears being returned.
Under the facts you state, generally not. For him to not stay, he would need a basis for permanent residence and be eligible to adjust his status to permanent residence. From your email he has neither.
He needs to have a full consult with a competent immigration attorney whose focus is removal to see if any options exist.