Is there any legal way that somone who entered US illegally can stay? 4 Answers as of July 12, 2013

My neighbor entered the US illegally when he was 16. Now he is 18 and is being deported to the Dominican Republic. Is there anything he/I can do to allow him to stay legally?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
There may be but I do not know his situation therefore I cannot speak to it. You want to find a good attorney and explain his situation to that attorney and they may be able to tailor specific reliefs for your neighbor. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/12/2013
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Probably not, unless he has a fear of being returned or would be in danger if he is returned. If that is the case, he should contact an immigration lawyer and tell the judge he fears being returned.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/6/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Under the facts you state, generally not. For him to not stay, he would need a basis for permanent residence and be eligible to adjust his status to permanent residence. From your email he has neither.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/6/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
He needs to have a full consult with a competent immigration attorney whose focus is removal to see if any options exist.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: