Is there any legal thing I can do if my supervisor ridicules me in front of coworkers and clients? 8 Answers as of February 06, 2013

My supervisor from pretty much day one has let it be known she doesn't like me, she ridicules me in front of coworkers and clients, yet allows coworkers to do the thing she was ridiculing me for. When absent for only 1 or 2 days she made me bring doctors notes, no one else had to for same amount of days when company policy says only after the 3rd day gone. I go to for rules being broke by coworkers nothing done. Open door policy, I went in and talked to her about something I saw a coworker doing to a client, she stopped me and went and got the coworker and brought him in the same room, said if you are going to talk about him he can be in here, it was a serious thing, too. When coworkers have talked about me, she never allowed me the same respect. When I have talked to director about these issues, then director talks to her, she retaliates by not speaking to me, talks to everyone else, or finds something to call me into the office on, she cusses in front of me while either in a meeting or in general. I was gone out sick for me or for my handicapped son, I am a single parent for 11 total, not in a row from September 1st 2013 - January 22nd, with doctors excuses each time and I got a written warning. I after my 90 days way past got a write up for being out, they knew my heart condition and that I had a handicapped son with serious health issues. I got another write up for when coworkers were not doing their jobs, and it was my cooking day these coworkers were telling me what to do, when to do it, I said, it is my cooking day, they I can't think of the word, but kept on, this was a long build up of teenage type back stabbing, talking about, etc, would have to explain in detail, I chose instead of getting in one coworkers face, I went outside to cool down, and if you don't pull the door shut hard, it will open up again, I got wrote up for doing the right thing I felt by walking away to cool down, got a right up for slamming the door to hard.

Nancy Wallace, Attorney at Law
Nancy Wallace, Attorney at Law | Nancy Wallace
Any Legal thing? Possibly. You might seek an attorney very well-versed in Americans With Disabilities Act ADA lawsuits. You would have to prove nearly impossible, given your narrative that you are being discriminated against solely because you have a disability but that you can and do perform the basic job functions. There is nothing preventing a supervisor from correcting one worker over and over. If you are being 'written up' or admonished and others are not, this is your sign to find other employment immediately. This is not a job over which anybody would want to fight in court for years.
Rasor Law Firm
Rasor Law Firm | Jonathan Marko
In Michigan, you can be treated poorly at your job as long as it's not because of certain characteristics. You should contact an attorney knowledgeable in this area, such as myself, as soon as possible to evaluate your claim. The forbidden characteristics are In all 50 states, federal law makes it illegal to discriminate.
Unless she is being mean to you because of your race, age, skin color, religion, gender or national origin, no, there is nothing you can do other than find a new job and quit.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I do not know of any LEGAL remedy for a supervisor ridicules You could find another job. If you have a human resources dept, you might discuss this with them.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
I would discuss the problem with your HR person. You indicated several items that lead me to believe you have a disability or you have a child with one. You might talk to HR and seek an accomodation for your disability according to the Americans With Disabilities Act. Also, speak to HR about an EEO complaint for a hostile work environment.
    Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
    Law Offices of Charles R. Perry | Charles R. Perry
    Unless you can establish that this is discrimination based on your gender, race, or other classification mentioned in the anti-discrimination laws, there is likely nothing you can do. Being singled out simply because your employer does not like you does not constitute actionable misconduct by your employer.
    Ken Love Law | Kenneth Love
    You need to speak to an employment attorney. If you can show that your supervisor has created a hostile work environment, then you can file suit against your employer.
    None of the actions appear to be legally actionable, and 11 days off in the period described is significant. You are paid to be there and productive, without that you cannot be employed over the long term. If it is a personality problem, you can seek another job.