Is there any legal recourse upon hitting a deer on a motorcycle? 2 Answers as of May 04, 2011

I hit (clipped it and crashed) a deer almost two years ago in Missouri and broke a colar bone and had many other medicals (surgery,chiropractor, ect. & missed 2 + months of work). Motorcycle insurance in the state of Illinois only carries $1000.00 medicals which were gone in a flash. Is there any way that I can recover any more of the medicals, or lost work not paid through the $1000.00?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
There is no legal recourse against the deer. You are responsible for you bills and wage loss.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 5/4/2011
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Sounds like you do not have further recourse. However as the accident took place in Missouri; Missouri law would apply. Thus you should review the matter with a personal injury lawyer licensed to practice in that State. We are Illinois lawyers.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 5/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: