Is there any law against a adult showing pornographic pictures to a minor? 2 Answers as of April 17, 2015

Is there a law against an adult showing detailed pornographic pictures to a minor regardless of whether the picture is of themselves or of someone else? This has happened to my 11 year old daughter and I want to know what charges I can file.

Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
This could be considered a form of child abuse if the photos are shown by adult. But if another child or minor showed the photos it may not be illegal. Some states have attempted to ban Sexting via text message but there are very difficult first amendment issues because sexually explicit images are not necessarily deemed pornographic. Nonetheless , it is outrageous and unacceptable that someone would do this to an 11 year old. Depending on the detailed facts and circumstances you might be able to file a complaint with law enforcement and a civil suit for damages.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
That is a crime under both federal and state law. Call the police.