Is there any chance she might get to keep her license at least to go to work? 1 Answers as of October 05, 2017

My 19 year old got pulled over. She got a ticket for underage drinking. She blew a 0.5. Can she go to jail for this? I heard she might get her license taken away for a year or maybe till she turns 21. She has never had any other problems. She has a good job and lives from paycheck to paycheck. We are in a panic because we are not sure where to begin. I was told we will get letter from motor vehicle soon. These have to go thru courts and motor vehicle.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
A person who is under 21 and gets convicted of DUI or DWAI does lose their driver?s license for one year, with no driving during that time. A conviction or ?Underage drunk driving? can lead to three month loss of license. You should have her meet with a lawyer for a full advisement and discussion of whether a lawyer can help in her situation.