Is there any agency that can assist with a simple divorce when money is almost nonexistent? 8 Answers as of June 14, 2013

Me and my husband haven't lived together since last May. I almost lost my life from a reaction from my medications. I don't have the funds get a divorce myself.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Morelos Law Firm
Morelos Law Firm | Andrea Morelos
There are actually pro-se (do-it-yourself) packets out there that assist people to do it on their own, but the court and service fees alone run about $275. But also, if you only separated in May you cannot file for divorce right now anyway because you have to be separated for at least 1 year first.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 6/14/2013
The Law Firm of Jessica M. Cotter, P.L.L.C. | Jessica M. Cotter
Superior court facilities in Arizona generally have a self service center that has forms and instructions including those for a dissolution of marriage. At there is a link to an online self service center that also has these documents. Even with your circumstances you are well advised to at least consult with an experienced family law attorney.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 6/11/2013
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
The Family Court has self-help forms that you can obtain online at the Family Court's website or at the Family Court. You can also see if Nevada Legal Aid Society has pro bono attorneys available to represent you.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/7/2013
Webster & Associates | Anita Webster
There is the pro bono group but they have a huge waiting list.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/7/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Call the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program. Also, it may be possible for your husband to pay your fees if he has money.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 6/7/2013
    Aronoff & Linnell, PLLC | Erik C. Stein
    In Michigan, I would contact the Michigan Bar Association to see if there are any programs in your area. Generally, there is usually a legal aid office that one can use.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/7/2013
    Glenn Milgraum PC
    Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
    Speak with the clerk of the Court, they will direct you to the appropriate forms and procedures. In August/September, you could contact the local law school to see if they have a clinic where the students will assist you in obtaining the divorce.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey
    Replied: 6/6/2013
    Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
    Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
    You could try legal aid and any other pro bono legal services organizations.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 6/6/2013
Click to View More Answers: