Is there an extension to the 20 day response period for divorce? 1 Answers as of June 29, 2011

My husband served me divorce papers, but I did not respond within the 20 day period. Is there an extension that that can be granted? I did not respond due to illness.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Horizons Law Group, LLC
Horizons Law Group, LLC | Michelle B. Fitzgerald
You can still send in your response, and when you do, write a cover letter asking the court to allow the late filing due to your illness. The response is not really necessary as the divorce will proceed either way. He does not receive anything more by you not responding. It's not like civil court in that way. If you want advice or direction along the way, please contact us.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: