Is there an age minimum requirement for applicants of immigration form I-130? 6 Answers as of February 17, 2011

Is there an age minimum requirement for applicants of form I-130?

If filing for a parent, a U.S. citizen child must be 21 years of age. If petitioning for a child or a spouse or a sibling there is no immigration minimum but some states have a minimum age to legally marry.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
To be filed for no, but to file for a relative yes.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
If you are petitioning for your parents or siblings you have to be at least 21. To petition for your spouse or child there is no age requirement for the petitioner.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
In order to petition for someone you must be a minimum age of 21 years of age. There is no minimum age as the beneficiary.
The minimum age for a person to petition their parents is 21 years old. For all other petitions there is no minimum age, however, a petitioner must also file an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and they must be 18 years old to sign the I-864.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    The petitioner is the person asking for a family member and the person who signs the form. The beneficiary is the immigrant who might benefits from the filing (Person being asked for). There is no applicant. A petitioner asking for a brother or sister must be American citizen, age 21 or older. He / she can ask for a brother or sister of any age. A petitioner Green card holder / American citizen can ask for a spouse or (unmarried) children under age 21. The petitioner must have been of legal age to marry.Each state has their own age requirement. For minors, there is usually a parental consent required to make the marriage legal. I don't think there is any minimum age requirement for the petitioner per se. An American Citizen son or daughter filing for his / her parent(s) must be 21 or older.