Is there an age limit for citizenship applications? 3 Answers as of November 04, 2010

My mother wants to become a U.S. citizen but she is 82. I am the only U.S. citizen from our family. Is it possible for her to apply, or is she too old to do so?

No! Absolutely not! One woman just became an American citizen in Texas at the age of 101! If she would like the assistance of an attorney, or you and she would like to discuss it further, by all means give me a call or e-mail, and I'll gladly set up an appointment for an in-person or telephone consultation. Best to you.
No, she can do it if she can answer the questions for the civics portion of the citizenship test.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Your mother can apply for citizenship if she already has a green card. It may be difficult for her to study the civil exam due to old age. However, there is no age limit for US citizenship application. She must have permanent resident status first, and you can apply for her for a green card first if you are a US citizen and your mother's biological daughter. You can contact me for more information, if you need more assistance. You may contact me via email.