Is their any way to speed up to the process to adjust our immigration status? 1 Answers as of April 07, 2011

I am a 29 year old who has been in this country since 1988. My mother petitioned for us in 1997 as a resident. She is now a US citizen. Is their any way to speed up to the process to adjust our status? We are from Mexico and also have the family unity benefits.

Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Sorry, you can not expedite. There is a limited quantity of green cards every year for each category, there are a lot of Mexicans waiting in line who filed even before you. However, you did not indicate if you were married or single...If your spouse is from another country and also without a green card, there is a small exception that you can claim her country of origin...For example, with a spouse from Guatemala, you can use the "All Chargeability ares except those listed" instead of Mexico. This would speed up your progress quite a bit. Consult an attorney if you have a non-Mexican spouse.