Is a spousal visa more secure than a fiance visa for a country considered high risk like Dominican Republic? 4 Answers as of March 19, 2013

I'm a United States citizen looking to bring my soon to be Dominican fiancé to the states.

Dear Sir, It depends, but if your relationship pre-marriage can't hold up to scrutiny, a marriage may be looked upon as a scam. But if you can show show plenty of evidence of a valid ongoing relationship with your lady, a fiance visa is preferable, because once granted, she need only pick up her entry visa at the U.S. consulate and come in, marry within 90 days, and wait in the USA while you and she apply for adjustment of status-green card.
No, not really. It all depends on where you plan to get married and how you can document your intentions to get married.
It depends upon the evidence you have to document the relationship. You may require substantial evidence in order to obtain the fiance visa if the country is considered a high fraud risk.
If your relationship is serious and bona fide, does not make any difference