Is the result of my breath analyzer a ground for dismissal? 15 Answers as of April 23, 2013

In July of 2012, I was arrested for driving while intoxicated. I registered a .07 when I was given a breath analyzer test. Is the result of my breath analyzer a ground for dismissal?

No, especially if your driving was poor, and your eyes were bloodshot and you had trouble with the field sobriety evaluations.
Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt, P.C. | Laurie Schmidt
It is not grounds for a dismissal- it does create reasonable doubt as to if you were driving under the influence and could result in an acquittal at trial. You will want a skilled and competent DUI attorney to defend the DUI for your- don't try and go it alone!
Not necessarily. You can still be convicted of a DUI, even if your blood alcohol level is below .08.
No, it is not a ground of dismissal, but a factor in your defense to the charge. Other evidence can be used to prove your intoxication, such as odor of alcohol, erratic driving, speech, balance and walking and condition of the eyes at the time.
The Law Office of M Grater LLC
The Law Office of M Grater LLC | Mark O. Grater
Assuming you did not appear blind drunk from a physical perspective I would think it would be dismissed.
    Law Office of Alexis Plunkett
    Law Office of Alexis Plunkett | Alexis Plunkett
    Your case will not be automatically dismissed just because you blew under the legal limit (assuming you are over 21)you can still be "impaired" and you can still be convicted of a DUI.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    In MN you can be convicted of a DUI when your test is under .08 but it is difficult. You should contact an attorney asap to assist you in defending this charge.
    No. The DUI statute reads: Having a breath reading of .08 or above, OR whose driving has been affected to an appreciable degree by the consumption of alcohol and/or drugs. You could still be charged and convicted even if your breath reading is under .08, if your operation of the vehicle has been affected to an appreciable degree.
    Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
    It can be used in your favor in court; However the prosecutor might argue that other things such as the field sobriety tests show impairment
    That would depend on how good your lawyer is. Remember, VC 23152(a) isn't BAC-specific, so you can be convicted even with a 0.07. Do yourself a favor and hire a DUI specialist.
    Steven Dodge | Steven Dodge
    No. In Michigan, it is evidence of operating while visibly impaired. Although that charge is less serious than an OWI, it is still a drunk driving offense.
    It will be part of your defense, engage an attorney.
    It may be. It depends on how the statute is written. In some States if they can prove the alcohol impaired you then they just have to shoe that you had some alcohol in your system and the amount is not as relevant.
    Natty Shafer Law
    Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
    Yes, it could be. It depends on your judge and prosecutor, but if they insist on going forward, plead not guilty and fight the charge.
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    No, this issue is intoxication while driving. You do avoid the presumption at .08 BAC, but it will up to the Judge based on all the circumstances.