Is the restaurant liable if I bit into a metallic object at a restaurant and it broke my tooth? 2 Answers as of October 31, 2016

I have retained the object. The restaurant provided me their insurance company. I provided my information as well as the dental bill which I’ve already paid for. The tooth is fixed but I have yet to hear from anybody regarding a claim status or my side of the story. It’s been about a month. What’s the timeframe for hearing a response before I need to take the next step and possibly sue?

Welcome to the wonderful world of insurance. You are NOT in good hands. The adjuster's job is to pay you as little as possible. Your job is to fight like the dickens.
Yes, they are liable since it was a foreign object that could not be expected to be part of the dish served to you [a hard corn kernel might be part of a creamed corn dish for which they might not be liable]. There is no set time for an insurance company to respond, but a month without any contact is too much. Contact them again and point out if you do not hear from them within 5 business days you will assume they are denying liability even though it is clear and you will take the next necessary steps to obtain compensation.