Is a recorded video in a classroom legal to use against this child? 3 Answers as of February 17, 2017

There is a posting about a school teacher upsetting a young student then recorded the student actions on her cell phone without the parents’ permission. They were seeking advice about what they could do.

James Sterling Lawrence, Attorney at Law | James Sterling Lawrence
I do not believe the parents can do much that is effective. It is legal to take photos of anyone in public. This applies to minors, unless the photos include nudity or sexual activity. As for posting, if the posting is part of a commercial they could sue for the value of the image used in the commercial. If it is not used for profit I do not see what the parents could do, other than complain to the school board.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
Contact school Superintendent of schools. There is no expectation of privacy in a school.
I do not see that as illegal. There is no invasion of privacy because it was in a public setting.