Is the reaffirmation still in effect? 16 Answers as of January 29, 2014

I filed Chapter 7 in 2010, reaffirmed a second mortgage with HFC now 2013 the account transferred to another company.

Yes it is.
I am not sure why you reaffirmed a mortgage obligation. The Bankruptcy Code does NOT mandate such reaffirmation agreements, so I counsel my clients to never reaffirm mortgage obligations. The mortgage companies say they will not send you monthly statements, or that they will not report (favorably) your payment history to the credit bureaus. I say, "so what!" Anyway, be sure you double check the bankruptcy papers and make sure the Bankruptcy Court approved the reaffirmation agreement (the court systems keeps this stuff on a computer chip, and you can retrieve it years later). In any case, to answer your specific questions, if you are 100% positive the reaffirmation agreement was approved by the court, the new creditor (the assignee) gets the same advantages or benefits of the original creditor.
Rhymer Law Firm
Rhymer Law Firm | William Rhymer
If a valid reaffirmation agreement was filed, then you would still be legally liable for the debt. Mortgage companies can sell the debt and you would still owe it to the buyer.
The reaffirmation is still in effect.
Yes, if the reaffirmation was filed timely then it will always remain in effect regardless of transfer.
    Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
    Yes, the reaffirmation is still in effect. The new owner of the note takes the entire contract upon assignment.
    Law Office of Jeffrey Solomon
    Law Office of Jeffrey Solomon | Jeffrey Solomon
    Signing a reaffirmation of a mortgage is risky because you continue to be personally liable on the debt. When the creditor sells the promissory note to a new creditor your obligation that was reaffirmed will continue with the new creditor.
    Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
    Yes. The new lender it services purchased the account with all it's terms.
    When a lender sells a mortgage loan, it sells all of the rights it owns, so that would include the lender's rights under a reaffirmation agreement.
    That happens all the time. Does not change the loan terms.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    Yes, you are still obligated on the mortgage you reaffirmed; that is why HFC can transfer it, because your obligation can be enforced legally.