Is purchasing liquor as a minor without misrepresnting myself illegal if money never exchanged hands? 1 Answers as of June 22, 2011

I recently went to the liquor store in an attempt to purchase a drink. I'm six months shy of 21 so I am still considered a minor. When I got to the register I was asked to show my I.D. which I did. It is a totally valid form of identification. I didn't misrepresent myself in any way. Nor did I give the cashier cash. I didn't hand her cash. The cashier was not sure of the date on the I.D. so she asked for a manager. The manager looked at my I.D. and said "you're not 21" then I said "yeah I know I just want a drink to enjoy my vacation." She walked off with my I.D. I then left the store. She may have called the police. If I am to be charged what can I be charged with? Since I didn't misrepresent myself or give the cashier money?

Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
Probably nothing unless you state has an "Attempt" to purchase.