Is possession and distribution of zoophilic pornography illegal in France? 1 Answers as of November 27, 2013

I operate a website with a lot of user-generated content. The server is hosted in France, and I would like to know if hosting zoophilic pornography is illegal or not so I know whether to disallow it from being posted or not.

Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
The internet is worldwide, so you must be concerned with what is legal worldwide. Also, I assume you are in the U.S. The U.S. can and will arrest and charge a person who is in the U.S. or who has U.S. citizenship, or who sets foot into the U.S. if they are accused by the U.S. of running a website or server overseas with illegal content or operations. The U.S. also cooperates with the law enforcement agencies of many nations, particularly those in Europe, to arrest and charge people for internet crimes that violate U.S. laws. Bestiality or the portrayal of it are considered illegal and obscenity under the laws of many U.S. states. The U.S. Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, also known as the CFAA, in section 18 USC 1465 makes it illegal to use an interactive computer service in interstate or foreign commerce to distribute any obscene, lewd, lascivious or filthy materials. Hosting it on a foreign server makes no difference. If the FBI decides to go after you, you will be looking at prison time, forfeiture of assets, and likely being placed on a sex offender registry. The FBI has and will absolutely go after the distributor of obscene materials hosted on a server in France.