Is not putting a security camera at home a law or just a landlord decision? 3 Answers as of June 02, 2015

I live in low income housing for the disabled and elderly. I wanted to put a security camera in my living room window inside for security reasons. We have some in the main entrance to the building and that's all. None outside or in the hallways. My car has been vandalized and ransacked several times. I was told by my property manager that I cannot take video of the other tenants. I explained to her that it may be another tenant doing this and I don't feel safe here at night. Public Safety is of absolutely no use, it's after the fact and you have no proof.

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
I personally know of no law that prohibits it .. but its a privacy issue.
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
I am not aware of any law that would preclude you from having a security camera pointed at your car.
Unless there is a prohibition in your lease/rental agreement there should be no wills with a camera on your system looking out of your window.