Is my restraining order still valid in California? 6 Answers as of March 08, 2011

I have a restraing order against someone and my husband is listed as a protected individual, I have had no contact. However I found out recently my husband has had contact with her, unknown to me. Will this void the restraining order for me?

Absolutely not. In fact, even if he consents to contact with her, it is still a violation of the Order (and of the law) for her to contact him. You might want to contact the local authorities about the issue. Regardless, you are still protected by the Restraining Order for the term set by the Court.
The restrained person cannot have contact or other acts prohibited. Yous husband's contact does not void the order.
No. But you need to enforce it if the person violates it in a substantial way, whether against you or your husband. If the husband doesnt want to enforce it, you would need to bring him to court at the hearing by subpoena if necessary, BUT that obviously means there is a conflict in your family, which the court will question.
Tomas M. Flores, Esq.
Tomas M. Flores, Esq. | Tomas M. Flores
No. The order should still be in effect. Your husband should probably use better judgment.
It will probably void the restraining order as it applies to him but it will not affect the Order as it applies to you.