Is my old parenting plan still valid? 3 Answers as of August 18, 2011

If my ex husband & i had a parenting plan in tennessee, where my son & I used to live (I am the domicile parent), and then my son & I moved to florida almost a year ago-is the old plan null & void or still applicable? My ex has never lived in TN or FL.

Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
If your old parenting plan was the last valid Order of a court with jurisdiction, then it is still in effect. Assuming you moved in compliance with the laws of TN, your ex-husband would have to domesticate the TN Judgment if he were to try to change the Parenting Plan. I suggest you consult an experienced Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law | Gregory T. Buckley
Have you had the Order from Tennessee domesticated here in Florida? Due to the significant change of circumstances, it would probably be best to petition the courts here in Florida for a modification of the time-sharing/parenting plan.
Law Offices of Adam Bessen
Law Offices of Adam Bessen | Adam Bessen
Typically the state you were divorced in would have continuing jurisdiction over the parties. Normally you would still have to abide by the terms of the original agreement, even if you now living here with your son in Florida.