Is my mortgage legal if I was forced to use the lenders attorney? 4 Answers as of December 05, 2013

My mortgage was all done by post as I lived some distance away and I had to use their attorney.

Law Offices of Craig B. Friedberg, Esq. | Craig Friedberg
In Nevada, it is unusual for a real estate broker to use an attorney in closing. Escrow companies are the norm.
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
Are you in California? In California attorneys are not necessary and usually are not used to obtain a mortgage. In any case, there is no reason your mortgage should be illegal just because the lender's attorney handled the details. Now if the lender or its attorney deceived you about the terms of the mortgage or otherwise committed fraud, you might be able to file suit to have it voided, if that's what you want to do.
For a refinance you always use the bank attorney, you are entitled to have your own attorney review the documents at your own expense.
In California they do not use attorneys. They use escrow companies.