Is my marriage on June 28, 2011 legal if my final judgement of my divorce in another state not valid until September 5 2011? 2 Answers as of July 26, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
No. You need to get the divorce judgment pushed back. File a motion with the court for a "nunc pro tunc" judgment. You will probably need a lawyer to do this. Option 2: get married to the new spouse again.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/26/2017
Willick Law Group
Willick Law Group | Marshal S. Willick
No. On those facts the new marriage was void ab initio. Other rights may or may not have accrued; you should consult with a family law specialist well versed in cohabitation-related issues.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/26/2017
Click to View More Answers: