Is my i-94 card a work permit? 3 Answers as of August 17, 2012

I came to the US with a fiance visa. We had to get married within a 3 months period. My visa and i-94 card expires in September. I would like to know if I can legally work with that until I adjust my status here.

Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
I-94 is not a work permit. If you work before receiving work authorization or a green card, you will violate conditions of your admission, and lose your legal status and ability to adjust it.
Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
No, until you adjust your status based on approved sponsorship, you may not work legally in the USA.
An I-94 is not the equivalent of employment authorization. You must request an employment authorization card when you file for adjustment of status. The employment authorization is issued while the adjustment of status case is pending. You are not authorized to work until you have received employment authorization or have had your status adjusted.