Is my husband supposed to give me spouse support? 1 Answers as of June 02, 2011

My husband moved out and got his own apartment in January the day I started school. The only bill he pays is cable and insurance, which only total 150.00. He gets $2500 a month retirement, and I am a full time student and make $8.00 an hour. I cannot pay my rent or bills. I did not ask for money, but recently found out he is still doing drugs and spends over $800 a month on cocaine. Is he legally responsible to give me a little financial help? We have been married 5 years, and no children

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
In Ohio you would likely be eligible for between one and two years of spousal support during the divorce process and after the divorce decree. Assuming you want to proceed with a divorce, please seek local counsel.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: