Is my homeowner insurance required to cover me if I was injured in my own home? 9 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I fell off my attic ladder cleaning the gutters on my house. Now I have to have ACL reconstruction surgery, plus therapy after the fact. Will my homeowners insurance cover me if this happened because of an injury that happened on my own property?

Talk to your insurance carrier, but homeowner's insurance normally only covers injuries to third parties. If it covered the homeowner when they injured themselves the premiums that would have to be paid would be much higher than they currently are.
I believe I answered this question yesterday. Check your insurance policy with care. In my experience it is very rare for such policies to cover injury to the homeowner of this sort, but you cannot know what you have insured yourself for without reviewing the policy. You can also call your agent. Presumably your medical insurance will cover most of the cost of repair of the ACL and all that goes with it.
No, that's not what homeowners insurance is for and that's not how it works. Homeowners insurance is to cover your liability to someone else if they are injured on your property due to your negligence. Hopefully, you have health insurance to cover your medical bills. Your question sounds familiar, you were cleaning the gutters? I thought you were getting Christmas decorations.
That would be a no.
No. No one who lives on your house is covered for their own injury.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    The answer is still to "read your HO policy". The probable result of such reading is that it is not likely that there is any coverage for you. Maybe you want someone else to also answer it so you can see if there answer is the same/similar?
    No. It does not cover you if injured.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    Generally they will not cover you for your injury. They are there to prevent you from being sued and financially exposed from third parties that might be injured on your property.
    Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
    That would be a yes.