Is my friend's mother still responsible to pay me the original agreed amount? 2 Answers as of October 22, 2013

I was selling this rv 5th wheel to a friend and just this past September my friends mom wrote me a check that expired on Sept. 30th not realizing that I tried cashing on October 2nd and since the check was no longer good my friends mom wrote another check even though her bank account was frozen. When I was unable to cash the 2nd check (which the amount was $1700.00 that I was supposed to receive) so my friends mom gave me $1000 cash and told me that she would have the other $700 in a few weeks and last time we spoke we agreed to meet up on Saturday (yesterday). I contact her and she decided that she wasn't going to pay now and that I would have to make my friend pay. Now the whole reason why my friend’s mother was going to pay the full amount is because her daughter is out of a job and was going to be homeless without the rv. My question is since my friend’s mother wrote me 2 checks that I couldn't cash for 1700 $ and is now telling me that she doesn't want to finish paying off the rv is it still her responsibility to finish paying the original agreed amount or can she just relinquish her word? I do have witnesses and signed papers by me the seller and her the buyer. To back up all that I say is the whole truth.

Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
You are probably entitled to collect the remaining $700.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
If she obligated herself in writing, then she must pay. She has a good argument that she did not receive consideration if they rv is not hers.