Is my ex husband in contempt of a court order? Posted on July 27, 2011

My ex husband is the residential parent of our 4 children. He has not allowed me to have my visitation with them for weeks now and refuses any contact with me in setting up visitation times. Today I was served with a protection order from him and told to stay away from my children as well. My question is, does he have the right to terminate my rights as a parent? That is what he and his family are trying to do by constantly making false accusations against me that I cannot fight because no one listens to my half. I cannot afford an attorney to show contempt on his part and to change the visitation/custody orders so how is it that he can legally (from his lawyers standpoint) keep me away from my children when I have done nothing wrong?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: