Is my employer responsible for the damages/loss? 1 Answers as of August 17, 2015

My vehicle was broken in the company parking lot at work. One of several recent thefts at the plant, although there are many, many 24 hour surveillance camera signs posted around the plant. There are no cameras. The company claims they are not responsible for covering the damage or replacing the items taken, among personal items stolen, a lot of personal information and paperwork were taken, and my social security number may have been compromised. Can the company be held responsible for not protecting employee property while at work?

WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
The company is not responsible for damage or loss of the vehicle or personal property, while the car is parked in the company parking lot. This answer is based on GA law. The law could be different if you are not in Ga.