Is my divorce simple because my husband remarried although there is no legal divorce between us? 2 Answers as of January 21, 2011

How simple and costly may my divorce be when he has already married someone else and there is no legal divorce between he and I?

It will be simple if you want it to be since what he has done is a crime in Texas (being married to two women at the same time). Plus, his new wife would want it done and over, so he has no room to fight or complain, he is literally between a rock and a hard place. I suspect you will be getting an uncontested divorce. A divorce is uncontested when both of you appear in the same Attorney's office, the petition is filed (we file electronically while you are here) and the final decree is drafted, negotiated if necessary, signed and finalized by everyone except the Judge. It takes about 3 hours to complete.