Is my divorce finalized if this is what it says online? 6 Answers as of March 04, 2014

My case status online says: Case Type: Summary Dissolution (General Jurisdiction) Status: Summary Judgment 02/25/2014 02/25/2014 Request-Final Judgmt(Sum Diso) Proceedings Held (Proceeding dates listed in descending order) 02/24/2014 at 10:30 AM in Department CECLK, (name of person) Presiding Non-Appearance (Case Review) - Advanced-This date & vacated. Are we divorced now? Any other step we have to do to finalize it? We left the envelope ( return envelope) for the court to mail us something but we both moved since and do not know how to update the address other than update it at UPS which I did. It was summary of dissolution filed 6 months ago.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Provda Law Firm
Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
You should contact the court and ask them.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/4/2014
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Call the court.. You may have won summary judgment but if a final WRITTEN court order is not entered you are not divorced.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/4/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Call the court and give them your new addresses. Or better yet, go there and see if the judgment was formalized in writing and get a copy of that.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 3/4/2014
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser | Donald F. Conviser
You are probably not divorced. You should go to the Family Law Clerk's office and ask to see the file - it sounds like you may have missed a Court Appearance. Purchase a copy of the Minute Order from the Clerk and go to the Court's Self-Help Clinic (or Family Law Facilitator for assistance from a volunteer lawyer regarding your case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/4/2014
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Call the Clerk of Courts for the court that heard the matter.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/4/2014
Click to View More Answers: