Is my daughter going to be charged after her apartment was raided? Posted on January 15, 2011

My daughter got this in the mail and we aren't sure what exactly this means. Can you please explain this to us? The state of Texas v. $681.00 in US currency; and firearm. Motion for partial non-suit to the honorable judge of said court: >comes now petitioner, the state of Texas, acting by and through the criminal district attorney of Tarrant county, Texas, and advises the court that she no longer desires to prosecute this action as to respondent, (my daughter's name).(Does this mean cash and the firearm?). Wherefore, premises considered the state prays that this action be dismissed only as to the above referenced person. Petitioner does not intend to nor does it dismiss its claims as to the remaining property( what remaining property could this possibly be referring to?) made the subject of this cause of action. The cash and the firearm mentioned in this letter was news to her and there certainly wasn't any other illegal property she was aware of belonging to her. My daughter had just moved into an apartment with a new boyfriend, her sister and, her sister's friend who leased the apt. Nobody knew my daughters boyfriend was dealing drugs until the apartment got raided and the girls sickened when the cops found drugs. We did no't even know there was a firearm until this letter. Furthermore she did not know anything about this amount of money. She only had $30.00 in her purse. She nor the other 2 girls were arrested for any of this. It has been about 5 months that her ex was arrested. We were shocked when this letter arrived. Does this mean that they charged her with these things without telling her? Does "partial non-suit" mean they are charging her with something else? Please, help us understand what could possibly be going on and what we should do.