Is my boss responsible for my medical bills after a job accident? 18 Answers as of June 11, 2015

I cut my hand on a landscaping job. Is my boss responsible for medical bills?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
Yes if you make the claim.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/11/2015
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
Your boss is required to have workers compensation insurance which will pay for your medical bills.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/11/2015
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
Yes. He should carry workers' comp, so report the accident to him and ask where he wants you to go for care?
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 6/11/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Every employer is required to have workers compensation insurance. Workers Comp is specifically for people injured on the job. So on these facts, he is responsible, and should refer the matter to his Workers Comp insurer.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/11/2015
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
Yes, he should have a workers comp insurance policy.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/11/2015
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Yes. Call the Department of Labor in Helena and file a claim form.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    Replied: 6/11/2015
    Gliszinski Law Office, LLC | Susan Gliszinski
    Yes, you should advise your employer that you want to file a workers' compensation claim. Also, be sure to tell your doctor that you were injured on the job.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota
    Replied: 6/11/2015
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    If you were an employee and your employer has three or more employees, and you got hurt doing the work you were hired to do, and you were not under the influence of drugs, alcohol or horse playing then the employer should pay for your medical care. That said, if your employer is not willing to pay for the medical care, you need to weigh out how important it is for the employer to pay. Your employer may decide he no longer needs you as an employee after you have healed from your injury. You should speak with a Georgia workers' compensation attorney. Good luck.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 6/11/2015
    James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
    James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
    Possibly, if your employer has enough employees to be covered under the law. Consider consulting an experienced comp lawyer. Good luck.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama
    Replied: 6/11/2015
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    Yes. He should have workers compensation insurance to cover that.
    Answer Applies to: Connecticut
    Replied: 6/11/2015
    You are likely covered by Workers Compensation insurance, but you must see the company doctor. Ask the employer who is their W.Comp doctor. They are supposed to have a notice posted at work about this. If that does not go well, go see a workers comp attorney. Most do not charge just to talk.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 6/11/2015
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 4 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney