Is my apartment complex responsible to keep parking lots clear of ice? 1 Answers as of March 14, 2017

I live in an apartment complex. We had an ice storm 2 days ago the complex did nothing to clear the ice from the parking lot. My car slid on the ice and I hit a big rock on the property. There is damage to my car close to $1200.00 worth a bumper and radiator and grill is the apartment complex responsible for the damages to the car due to neglect of no salting or plowing of the parking lot. They don’t clear snow or ice from the common areas also. I need to know if they have to repair my car or pay for repairs to my car due to their neglect.

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
The answer depends on whether your rental agreement provides for snow removal and salt AND whether they hired a contractor to take care of that. The ONLY course of action that makes sense if there are no injuries is to repair the car through your own insurance.