Is my ACOD still on my record? 5 Answers as of April 29, 2011

I want to enlist in the Navy and I have an acod but I completed it, can they still see it on my record?

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
An “ACD” means that the case was dismissed, which is a good thing because it is a favorable outcome and you have no criminal history.
After the six months or one year period of the delayed dismissal known as an ACD the computer will not show the arrest or conviction for employers or colleges. The NYSID computer for police, prosecutors, government agencies, and military will be able to see an ACD, but they should not case too much about it. The military can give you a waiver if you ask your recruiter after the ACD period is over if you have no other convictions or open cases.
This response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. You do not mention how old you were at the time of the offense. If you were a teenager and if you obtained Youthful offender status the records would be sealed and the conviction vacated. If not then they can still see the records and you should make an application to the court to expunge the record of conviction. You should hire an attorney to do this.
While it may show up on your record as an ACOD, the armed forces will normally accept you with such a record since the case against you was actually dismissed.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
Your ACD - not ACOD - should have been dismissed 6 months (or one year if a marijuana ACD) after the ACD was entered into the record. Once dismissed, the record should be sealed. It should not affect your ability to join the Navy. Good luck.