Is my 24 hour eviction notice legal? 5 Answers as of October 22, 2013

I'm the tenant and received a 24 hour eviction notice to be out in 24 hours or be physically removed with my property.

Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
There is no such thing as a 24 hour notice under California law.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
This is not sufficient in Washington. You can only be evicted by court order which comes from a lawsuit against you. The suit must be based upon one of several notices. You must be served with a 3-day notice for nuisance or waste or drug activity, a 3-day to pay or vacate, a 10-day notice to comply, or a 20-day notice to terminate. Once any one of these are served, before you can be evicted, the time must have expired. Then you must be served with a summons and complaint for the lawsuit. If you get served with a summons and complaint, you should contact an attorney right away.
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
No, unless your tenancy was related to your employment, the landlord must first give you a three day notice if you are in default of your lease, or otherwise a 30 to 60 day notice to terminate the rental agreement, depending upon whether you been there a year. Following the expiration of the notice, the landlord must file an eviction action.
Is it a court order? Then yes it is legal. If not a court order, probably not.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
I don't understand what a 24 hour notice is. Was an eviction commenced? Warrant issued? Sheriff or Marshal post a 72 hour notice? If no any of these, then the landlord can't put you out on 24 hours notice.