Is my 15 year old child required to visit my ex-husband if she does not want to? 1 Answers as of July 14, 2011

My ex husband has visitation rights for our two children (ages 6 & 15) for 5 weeks during summer. The oldest does not want to go the 4 hours away due to summer school and sports. She has always participated with his blessing and is working towards college scholarships. When originally discussed, he did not disagree with summer school and in text said he would figure out his half of the cost. Eleven days before vacation, he decided he wants her up there. She is refusing to go. What can I do to ensure she can stay?

Donaldson Stewart, PC
Donaldson Stewart, PC | Monica H. Donaldson Stewart
The court orders must be complied with unless there is an agreement between the parents or a new court order. I recommend you speak with an attorney to determine whether there is anything that can be done in time for the visit this summer or whether this issue will need to be addressed in time to affect next summer's parenting time.