Is legal action to retrieve back the money possible if there is only a verbal agreement? 1 Answers as of September 19, 2017

I lent money to a family member without signing a promissory note, however, received verbal commitment several times with witnesses within the family. The person is unwilling to sign a promissory note after taking my money and has been acting reluctant to pay. What can I do in this case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Your only other option is to file suit. NEVER transact business without a writing that is prepared by an attorney. Family is no exception.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/19/2017
Click to View More Answers: