Is a lease valid if the dates and rents were inserted after we signed? Posted on June 05, 2011

After being rushed into signing by the property manger who was going on vacation, my husband and I signed a lease that we received by email with the dates and rent amounts blank and were told that they would be filled in when we told her what date we wanted to move in and then signed by the LL. Well it was “eventually” signed by the Landlord but when did finally get a copy of the changed we NEVER initialed the inserted dates or dollars, and now do not wish to live there do to the hostile way we have been treated by the property manager. We informed the property manager that we do not agree with the changes made to the lease since we signed the lease and that we do not wish to proceed with it. The proposed start date of the lease has not arrived yet, we have not take possession, and we have not received keys. The property manager says that they will not agree to let us out of the lease until a new tenant is found. Is the lease binding even though we never signed the dates or dollars?