Is the judge's no Contact Order Valid or Not? 1 Answers as of March 28, 2011

My daughter, who is almost 15, is 7 months pregnant by her 17 year old boyfriend of nearly 2 years, who is on probation for something he did before they got involved. The Judge who is handling his case has known about their relationship since day one and her pregnancy, and never said anything. My daughter's boyfriend has been very involved in her pregnancy, as he has gone to prenatal appointments with her, parenting classes, etc. Both of them are trying to keep their family together and would like to get married when she turns 16, which I will allow my daughter to do. Here's the problem. The Judge recently told her boyfriend that he is to have no contact with my daughter until she is 16, and that he cannot attend birthing classes, parenting classes, or the birth of their child. There is no history of domestic abuse of any kind in their relationship. The police questioned him and informed his probation officer that they are not filing charges for CSC. The Court papers do not say anything about a no contact order, nor was he given any papers stating what the stipulations of the order are. I have been told that the Court papers have to say that there is a no contact order and the stipulations of that order, otherwise the order is invalid. Is that true? Can a Judge issue a no contact order for no reason like that? Her boyfriend's parents are going to appeal it, so can I appeal it too, being it also affects my daughter?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of John T. MacDonald Jr., PLLC
The Law Office of John T. MacDonald Jr., PLLC | John MacDonald Jr.
In Michigan, new bills are being introduce by the legislature that will change the penalties of the situations you describe. Please see: However, one should always follow a judge's order because he is the ruling authority and don't forget a crime has been committed whether you agree with it or not. I'm a Lansing Attorney that can help you in this matter if you need further assistance.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: