Is the judge allowed to amend my probation? 6 Answers as of December 17, 2013

I got a letter saying the court will be amending my probation and my attendance is not necessary. I called the court clerk and she said they wanted to change it from 6 moths to 1 year probation. Are they allowed to do this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Yes since probation is a privilege and an alternative to jail.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 12/13/2013
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Yes, if the sentence was illegal.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 12/13/2013
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
A judge can basically do anything (s)he wants to within judicial reason. Your attorney should be in court to find out the reason for the extended probation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/13/2013
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
Not without your consent or a revocation if you have completed all requirements, including paying all money, you should object if you are not complete with requirements, then you will not get very far with the objection.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 12/13/2013
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
As long as that was what they could have given you from the start. You may want to get a lawyer and fight the increase.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 12/17/2013
Click to View More Answers: